Privacy Statement for Service Users, relatives and families of Service Users
- Under the General Data Protection Regulation and Data Protection Act 2018, we are required to explain to our service users why we collect information about them and their families, how we intend to use that information and whether we will share this information with anyone else.
- This Privacy statement applies to all our service users and also prospective service users along with their family and relatives.
- We may update this statement at any time.
- It is important that you read this statement so that you know how and why we use information about you. It is also important that you inform us of any changes to your personal information during your stay with us so that the information which we hold about you is accurate and up to date. In particular next of kin changing mobile numbers or moving.
The changes we have made are in line with data protection laws, known as the UK General Data Protection Regulation, which is effective from 21th January 2021. This is part of our ongoing commitment to be transparent about how we use your personal data and keep it safe.
- Why we use your data: We typically use your personal information in relation to the care and treatment of our service users.
- Sharing data: We may share your data with third parties, including third-party service providers.
- Security: We respect the security of your data and treat it in accordance with the law.
What is the purpose of this Privacy Statement
- Under data protection legislation we are required to explain to you why we collect information about you, how we intend to use that information and whether we will share your information with anyone else.
- This statement applies to all relatives/carers listed as the contact/next of kin of our current service users and people identified as visitors of service users.
- We may update this statement at any time.
- It is important that you read this statement so that you know how and why we use information about you. It is also important that you inform us of any changes to your personal information we hold about you so that the information which we hold is accurate and current.
Who we are
We are Sherwood Grange Care Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 12460923 and with our registered office at Sherwood Grange Care Centre, 208 Mansfield Road, Edwinstowe, Nottinghamshire, NG21 9HF.
- Sherwood Grange Care Ltd is a “data controller” in respect of the information we hold about you. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we use that personal information about you.
- Our Data Protection Officer is responsible for overseeing what we do with your information and monitoring our compliance with data protection laws.
- Our Data Protection Officer is Mel Watson who is assisted by our Administrator. If you have any concerns or questions about our use of your personal data, you can contact them by either writing to the home or emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are collecting information about you which enables us to contact you if necessary. This includes:
- your name;
- contact details (such as your address, personal email address and telephone number);
- your relationship to our service user;
- details of any visits you may have made or meetings you may have attended in relation to our service user;
- payment information
- details of any communications we have with you;
- Because circumstances are variable and change with time there may in some instances be situations outside the list above. We will update this Privacy Notice where we become aware of other uses of your data.
Retention of information
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we have collected it, including the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements. When we no longer have a lawful purpose for holding your data, we will securely destroy your personal information in accordance with our data retention policy. The relevant extract from which is:
Where we hold data of relatives for the purpose of communication with them in respect of a service user or guaranteeing the payment of services, we will destroy any personal data when the relevant reason terminates,
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (the “ICO”) if you are not satisfied with the way we use your information. You can contact the ICO by writing to Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF